
At the top left is the painting I created as a final project in my painting class. The assignment was to create one painting out of four canvases--these are 16" x 20"each--creating a 32" x 40" masterpiece. We all chose artists that we liked and recreated their work.
I chose Shari Erickson's "Mending," which is the painting see on the right. I wanted to do a tropical landscape because it reflects my Caribbean roots. Also, I wanted something that would have lots of bright color and value contrasts so I could practice my mixing ability. It is both complex and imaginative in a way that was perfect for my painting style. And beach scenes are always beautiful!
I intended it to be for my mother because I knew she would appreciate it, but it's too big to fit on any walls in her house. I got the four pieces pinned together and put into a pretty gold frame so it looks more finished. I'll find it a home here soon because I absolutely love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment